- The society of orthodontists advocate seeing children as early as 7 years of age
- Crossbites and tooth space shortages can be detected
- During this age, the patient grows very fast. The growth is used to correct the relationships between the upper and lower jaws.
- Girls start growing at age 10 and boys start their growth spurt at age 12
- One must bear in mind that there are different age s in development being
- These may not coincide and it may be necessary to take certain steps to advance the dental age in order to achieve ideal orthodontic results in the optimal growth period
Nowadays, there is a need for adult orthodontic treatment, not only for aesthetic concerns, but for function, tmj joint, and dental health.
At least a third of our practice specialises in adult treatment … our oldest patient is 72 years of age.